On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 02:30:46PM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote: > > > > This patch adds an arbitrary sg list support to NVMEoF host for > > > capable devices (such as RDMA CX4/CX5 HCAs). > > > During the review we decided to add an helper function to ib_core > > > that will be used by ULPs in order to avoid code duplication. > > > > Hello Max, > > > > A question that is not related to the ULP drivers touched by this patch series: > > some time ago registration of sg-lists with gaps was disabled in the SRP > > initiator because arbitrary sg-lists triggered CQE dumps in combination with the > > mlx5 driver. Does this mean that this issue has been resolved? If so, what mlx5 > > driver and/or firmware version are needed to reenable arbitrary sg-list support > > in the SRP initiator? > > I'm concerned about the fact that the SRP issue wasn't resolved. There > might be a bug hiding there. > > Max, Leon, my recollection was that the error syndrome you saw with SRP > described "too much sgls for a single mr". If this is true, then I still > think we need a different device capability for it. I don't remember that Max succeeded to reproduce it. > > I'm even thinking we need to remove gaps support from iSER until this > is addressed. Better to find the root cause. Thanks