On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:51:23AM -0400, David Miller wrote: > > You'd have to ask the relevant people... based on the times I've looked > > at problematic subsystems it often seems that either people have > > completely vanished for whatever reason or there's very little other > > interest in the subsystem so no obvious candidates. I'm not saying that > > there isn't a problem, I'm just saying that it's not new and it doesn't > > seem like the situation changed much. > Often people just don't want to let go and give up "control" of > something they've watched over for a long period of time. > I think we suffer from this a lot. Yeah, that's definitely a part of it too - it often goes hand in hand with the lack of other reviewers thing as the two can easily feed off each other, it's a lot easier to let go if there's someone to hand things over to but if things aren't working well that can be discouraging to potential new reviewers.