On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 08:18:51PM -0700, Chuck Tuffli wrote: > While debugging an issue, I ran across something in the initialization > sequence of hardware accelerators. Being a noobie qemu developer, it's > hard to tell if I simply don't understand how AccelClass works or if > this is a bug. > > The init_machine function for hardware accelerators is passed a > MachineState pointer via configure_accelerator(), but several elements > of the structure (e.g. ram_size, maxram_size, etc.) are not > initialized until well after this call. Should hardware accelerator > modules not look at MachineState and instead grab the global versions > of variables like ram_size? TIA. Machine init isn't finished when configure_accelerator() is executed. Perhaps existing accelerators just don't need these variables at configure_accelerator() time. What exactly are you trying to do? Stefan