On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 02:40:24PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote: > On Sat, 2017-05-06 at 12:40 +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote: > > Thu, May 04, 2017 at 08:10:54PM CEST, Bart.VanAssche@sandisk.com wrote: > > > On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 21:02 +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote: > > > > Following our discussion both in mailing list [1] and at the LPC 2016 [2], > > > > we would like to propose this RDMA tool to be part of iproute2 package > > > > and finally improve this situation. > > > > > > Although I really appreciate your work: can you clarify why you would like to > > > add *RDMA* functionality to an *IP routing* tool? I haven't found any motivation > > > for adding RDMA functionality to iproute2 in [1]. > > > > Bart, please realize that iproute2 is much more than "*IP routing* tool". > > I understand you got confused by the name. Please see sources. Your comment > > is totally pointless... > > I asked for a clarification that should have been in the cover letter but that > was missing from that cover letter. So I think that was the right thing to do > instead of pointless. BTW, can you explain why you are using an e-mail address > that is hiding that you are a Mellanox employee? For the same reason as I do. It is much easier to use outside servers than Mellanox's IT infrastructure. Right now, I'm speaking for myself, but for me, to properly answer with @mellanox.com, I need to use very specific mail setup, while for any other addresses I can and use any sane setup, including mobile application. > > Bart.