On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:41:46PM -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote: > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Bart Van Assche" > > To: "Benjamin Drung" , linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org > > Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:11:06 PM > > Subject: Re: srp_daemon : ​Disallow ​all targets ​if ​not ​explicitly ​allowed by default > > > > On 05/09/17 10:07, Benjamin Drung wrote: > > > srptools 1.0.3-2 in Debian disallows all targets if not explicitly > > > allowed by default. Motivation (taken from debian/changelog): > > > > > > * Don't activate any targets per default. (Closes: #740945) > > > This is more sensible than the previous default of bringing > > > up all targets in the IB fabric upon boot. In a larger fabric > > > with many storage targets available, most of the times only > > > one or a few targets are wanted on a particular machine. > > > > > > Do you agree and could you change the default upstream? I prefer not to > > > carry a different behavior in Debian alone. > > > > Hello Benjamin, > > > > What I expect is that users will hate this change. They will notice that > > after they have installed and enabled srp_daemon that no targets are > > discovered without having any clue why no automatic login to SRP targets > > occurs. > > > > Bart. > > > > -- > > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in > > the body of a message to majordomo-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org > > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html > > > > Hello > > Indeed, I agree with Bart here, this change will lead to a lot of confusion about why users no longer see device discovery. > For me I would prefer its not changed. According to the Benjamin's description, this is already behavior of Debian and their derivatives. So this change won't change for these users anything. I think that the best solution will be to keep in sync distros and upstream. Or enable by default on all systems or disable by default on all systems. Thanks > > Regards > Laurence > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in > the body of a message to majordomo-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html