On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:43:18PM -0700, Jiada Wang wrote: > The reason I gave the example use case is want to point out that > with Geert's patch set, a SPI device (with only one controller) can no > longer > act as master and slave at the same time. because IMO as a SPI core > function, > it needs to cover all the use cases, and to be as generic as possible. > BUT if you think the use case don't need to be supported from SPI core, > then I don't have objection either, I will only submit imx SPI slave support > patch, > after your SPI slave support patch set been applied I think there's a bunch of other problems with how that works reliably that'd need to be addressed before someone could actually do that, and it seems like such hardware will be very unusual.