Hi! > >If there's a need for this (there should not be, as the controls are exposed > >to the user space through the sub-device nodes as the other drivers do), the > >framework APIs need to be extended. > > Right, this gets back to the media framework usability arguments. At least > myself, Philipp, and Russell feel that automatic inheritance of a configured > pipeline's controls to a video device adds to the usability. For the record, usability can be pretty much fixed in v4l-utils... I have patches that try ioctls on a list of fd's. Now we need a way to find out which /dev/video* files belong to single camera. I believe kernel already has required APIs, we just need to apply v4l-utils patch to use them... Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html