On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 11:52:14AM +1000, David Gibson wrote: > The code managing DRCs[0] has quite a few things that are more > complicated than they need to be. In particular the object > representing a DRC has a bunch of method pointers, despite the fact > that there are currently no subclasses, and even if there were the > method implementations would be unlikely to differ. > > This appears to be a misguided attempt to "abstract" or hide things in > a way which is bureaucraticl, rather than meaningful. We may have an > object model, but we don't have to adopt Java's kingdom-of-nouns > nonsense[1]. > > This series makes a start on simplifying things. There's still plenty > more, but you have to start somewhere. > > [0] "Dynamic Reconfiguration Connectors" a firmware abstraction used > in hotplug operations > [1] > https://steve-yegge.blogspot.com.au/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html I've had enough acks that I've merged this series (with minor corrections) into ppc-for-2.10. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson