On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 02:07:04PM +0800, Chao Peng wrote: > On Wed, 2017-05-24 at 16:07 +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > > Hi Chao, > > Last year there was an effort to make "built-in" hardware optional so > > that VMs can be launched with a minimal set of devices.  You made > > SATA, > > PIT, and SMBus optional. > > > > What is the current status of this work? > > > > Are there more devices that could benefit from an optional switch? > > Hi Stefan, in terms of making device optional, we don't have more > follow-ups basically because other build-in devices do not have > significant performance impact. For other optimizations (like > optimizing/skipping BIOS), we are still working on them. Excellent to hear! If you want early feedback on BIOS optimizations then this mailing list or SeaBios/ed2k might be good places to discuss. KVM Forum proposals can be submitted until Thursday, June 15th. That would be a good forum to present your work: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum/program/cfp Stefan