David Woodhouse Bcc: Subject: Re: Proposal for the 2nd RDMA microconference (LPC 2017) Reply-To: In-Reply-To: <786f10f7-6253-c95b-49e2-a89010a43781-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 11:43:35AM +0300, Marcel Apfelbaum wrote: > Hi Leon, > > Here is our proposal for the coming conference. Thanks Marcel for sending proposal, I'm looking forward to see you and Yuval there. In the meantime, I'm adding David who is our LPC POC and would like to ask some questions. > > Abstract > -------- > QEMU's limited RDMA support leaves it behind other modern hypervisors. > Marcel and/or Yuval will present the implementation of an emulated RDMA > device, analyze its performance and usability, and finally talk about future > plans for a possible virtio-rdma device. How are you implementing different fabrics? Does it completely SW implementation and/or it requires HW beneath like prvdma? Namespaces, migration? What are the expectations from the community? > > Audience > -------- > The audience is developers interested in device emulation / RDMA. > They can expect an interesting discussion on what are the difficulties to > work with RDMA in Virtual Machines and they will be welcomed to share their > ideas. > > Benefits to the Ecosystem > ------------------------- > Knowing how to tackle RDMA on virtualization may give developers an easier > start on adding RDMA support to QEMU, which in turn will leverage the modern > RDMA cards on virtualized environments. > > > Thanks, > Marcel & Yuval