* release manager backup
@ 2017-06-29  7:29 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-06-29  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: techboard; +Cc: dev

Hi,

I would like to propose to have more people able to commit
in master branch, and make releases.
The goal is to have some backups to make sure there is always
someone to take this role in case of accident or long vacations.

It will require to well document the procedures and make sure
rights are granted.

Given the role they have currently in the release process,
I suggest to nominate Yuanhan Liu and Ferruh Yigit.

Please, can it be discussed and voted during the next
Technical Board meeting?

* Re: [dpdk-techboard] release manager backup
@ 2017-06-29 12:59 ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2017-06-29 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: techboard, dev

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 09:29:16AM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose to have more people able to commit
> in master branch, and make releases.
> The goal is to have some backups to make sure there is always
> someone to take this role in case of accident or long vacations.

+1

> It will require to well document the procedures and make sure
> rights are granted.
>
> Given the role they have currently in the release process,
> I suggest to nominate Yuanhan Liu and Ferruh Yigit.

I can't think of a better pair of victims! :-)

> Please, can it be discussed and voted during the next
> Technical Board meeting?

Yes, I think this is a good idea. [What with all the buses working with
DPDK now, I think we need a good plan in case you get hit by one. :-P ]

/Bruce

* Re: [dpdk-techboard] release manager backup
@ 2017-06-29 13:28   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-06-29 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Richardson; +Cc: techboard, dev

29/06/2017 14:59, Bruce Richardson:
> Yes, I think this is a good idea. [What with all the buses working with
> DPDK now, I think we need a good plan in case you get hit by one. :-P ]

You overestimates how strong are those buses!

Are you applying for a role as risk manager? :)

* Re: [dpdk-techboard] release manager backup
@ 2017-06-29 13:48     ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2017-06-29 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: techboard, dev

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 03:28:41PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 29/06/2017 14:59, Bruce Richardson:
> > Yes, I think this is a good idea. [What with all the buses working with
> > DPDK now, I think we need a good plan in case you get hit by one. :-P ]
>
> You overestimates how strong are those buses!
>
> Are you applying for a role as risk manager? :)

:-)

* Re: [dpdk-techboard] release manager backup
@ 2017-07-03 11:01   ` Mcnamara, John
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2017-07-03 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richardson, Bruce, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: techboard, dev

+1 for both candidates.