* wpan link status
@ 2017-06-29  8:34 JANARDHANACHARI KELLA
From: JANARDHANACHARI KELLA @ 2017-06-29  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wpan

Hi,

How can we access link status information of wpan?

--
Thanks & Regards

Janardhanachari Kella
Embedded Development Engineer,
E-mail: eni.chari@gmail.com

* Re: wpan link status
@ 2017-06-29 14:15 ` Alexander Aring
       [not found]   ` <CAAK7Ti8qgCeEkbJLYZikeOQLz8d-uwxUcEdrERuz=Z6ToUG18A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Alexander Aring @ 2017-06-29 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JANARDHANACHARI KELLA; +Cc: linux-wpan

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 02:04:08PM +0530, JANARDHANACHARI KELLA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can we access link status information of wpan?

what for a status information are you interested in? Per peer?

- Alex

* Re: wpan link status
       [not found]     ` <20170701144332.h7wzoqrnwuxtu5hp@omega>
@ 2017-07-04  1:06       ` Alexander Aring
From: Alexander Aring @ 2017-07-04  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JANARDHANACHARI KELLA; +Cc: linux-wpan

Hi,

cc mailinglist because somehow it was dropped...

could be also interested for other people.

On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 04:43:32PM +0200, Alexander Aring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:46:25AM +0530, JANARDHANACHARI KELLA wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > I found a structure link_status in cotiki/core/net/link status.c
> >
> > /* All statistics of a given link */
> > struct link_stats {
> >   uint16_t etx;               /* ETX using ETX_DIVISOR as fixed point divisor */
> >   int16_t rssi;               /* RSSI (received signal strength) */
> >   uint8_t freshness;          /* Freshness of the statistics */
> >   clock_time_t last_tx_time;  /* Last Tx timestamp */
> > };
> >
> > are we have, any kind of structures/functions to obtain
> > etx,rssi,freshness,last_tx_time?
> >

> As per peer/link/neighbor information? No not yet. But such idea is on
> the List [0]. Such information makes for me sense only if you know the
> peer according to the statistics. If you don't need that, you could
> maybe readout regmap registers on at86rf2xx/mrf24j40.
>
> For my final exam I "hacked" it into the kernel [1]. What I needed was
> per link info for LQI/ACK (TX_SUCCESS)/NO_ACK.
>
> It's actually a hack because... I was not sure about several things
> (which I don't remember anymore). Thesis made me lazy and it was stupid
> to hack everything because deadline...
>
> Nevertheless, the _architecture_ idea is to handle it like "wireless
> (802.11) e.g. station dump" (I am sure 802.11 mesh functionality has
> also such stuff for per peer statistics).
>
> I would suggest you to look into wireless subsystem and maybe [1] if you
> want to add support for it. For HardMAC drivers... let us figure the
> HardMAC API out when I ever see _real_ support for HardMAC or I get such
> HardMAC transceiver (I don't own an HardMAC transceiver).
>
> - Alex
>
> [0] https://github.com/linux-wpan/wpan-tools/issues/6
> [1] https://github.com/linux-wpan/linux-wpan-next/blob/for-mcr/net/mac802154/node_info.c

* Re: wpan link status
@ 2017-07-04  6:22         ` JANARDHANACHARI KELLA
From: JANARDHANACHARI KELLA @ 2017-07-04  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Aring; +Cc: linux-wpan

Thank you Alex for you replay.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Alexander Aring <alex.aring@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> cc mailinglist because somehow it was dropped...
>
> could be also interested for other people.

sorry,  i forget to do cc mailinglist.