On 2017.06.29 12:59:08 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote: > Quoting Matthew Auld (2017-06-29 12:54:51) > > On 29 June 2017 at 07:36, Zhenyu Wang wrote: > > > We need to fallback to default supported page size when vGPU is active (intel_vgpu_active() is true). > > > Currently gvt gtt handling can't support huge page entry yet, we need to check either hypervisor > > > mm can support huge guest page or just do emulation in gvt. > > That should already be the case, since the guest doesn't support the > > 48b PPGTT. But it looks you are working to change that, so I guess we > > should just do this anyway? > yes, 48b ppgtt guest will be supported. > Fwiw, I think it makes sense just to sanitize the > mkwrite_intel_info()->page_sizes under virtualisation. Primarily to > document what we know does not work at the moment and so different > features can be enabled individually. I just thought the minimal code change to take that into account, as long as it's after vgpu active/feature detect, that's fine too. > Or just disable gvt :-p That reason is not strong enough I believe. ;) -- Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd. $gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827