On Thu 2017-06-22 10:51:02, Alexandre Belloni wrote: > On 21/06/2017 at 16:55:04 -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote: > > > That is conceivable, but again, the meaning of STANDBY and MEM is > > > platform-specific. Actions to be taken for, say, STANDBY, may differ > > > from one platform to another. > > > > True, though I would only expect drivers for that particular platform to > > care about that information and these drivers would only make sense on > > that particular platform so the meaning of STANDBY and MEM would be > > clear for those drivers. The intent is really to keep the "distributed" > > model where individual drivers manage their particular piece of HW, > > while utilizing a global piece of information that is platform specific. > > > > If this seems acceptable to you along with proper documentation to > > illustrate the platform specific meaning of these states, I will got > > ahead and cook a patch. > > Well, that won't work for us. We need need two kind of information: > - whether main clock is switched from the master clock to the slow > clock > - whether VDDcore will be cut > > for the first one, we already have an hackish callback: > at91_suspend_entering_slow_clock() that will call from the platform > specific drivers. Sounds like you need another "will_vddcore_be_cut?()" callback, not "int platform_suspend_target_state(void)". And actually I'd hope you have some kind of regulator, so that "will this regulator be available over suspend" question can be asked? Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html