From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
To: sparclinux@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Trying out debian sparc64
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:16:52 +0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 03:10:22PM +0300, Meelis Roos wrote:
> Unrelated - git seems to be not installable at the moment because of
> version conflict with git-man?

This is a known bug:

> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug†6011

Fetch the matching version for git-man from here:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/package/git/1%3A2.11.0-4/#git-man_1:3a:2.11.0-4

Debian Ports unfortunately immediately purges "all" packages from the
archive the moment a new version is uploaded to unstable, independent
whether any of the architectures still needs the older version for
whatever reasons.

> sparc-utils seems to be missing from sparc64 - no eeprom and prtconf
> programs? Sending prtconf output was my first task after getting system
> installed, since there is no t5140 in the prtconfs repo.

You need to add "unreleased" to your sources.list [1]:

deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main

sparc64-only packages cannot be in unstable until sparc64 has become a
release architecture.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz