On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 03:42:48PM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote: > The policy->transition_latency field is used for multiple purposes > today and its not straight forward at all. This is how it is used: > > A. Set the correct transition_latency value. > > B. Set it to CPUFREQ_ETERNAL because: > 1. We don't want automatic dynamic switching (with > ondemand/conservative) to happen at all. > 2. We don't know the transition latency. > > This patch handles the B.1. case in a more readable way. A new flag for > the cpufreq drivers is added to disallow use of cpufreq governors which > have dynamic_switching flag set. > > All the current cpufreq drivers which are setting transition_latency > unconditionally to CPUFREQ_ETERNAL are updated to use it. They don't > need to set transition_latency anymore. > > There shouldn't be any functional change after this patch. > > Signed-off-by: Viresh Kumar Looks good to me, so feel free to add: Reviewed-by: Dominik Brodowski Best, Dominik