On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 03:32:58PM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote: >Am 03.08.2017 um 15:24 hat Manos Pitsidianakis geschrieben: >> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 10:07:50AM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote: >> > Am 31.07.2017 um 11:54 hat Manos Pitsidianakis geschrieben: >> > > Signed-off-by: Manos Pitsidianakis >> > >> > I would add at least two more cases: >> > >> > * Both limits and throttle-group are given in blockdev-add >> This exists in the "property changes in ThrottleGroup" section, > >You're right, I missed this. The test result shows that this command >succeeds. Do we really want to allow other nodes to be affected with a >blockdev-add? Wouldn't it be cleaner to just forbid the combination of >limits and throtte-group? So basically only anonymous, immutable groups can be created through the driver then. All other shared group configurations must be explicitly created with an -object / object-add syntax. I think this is a neat separation and compromise if we allow anonymous groups. If not, we can ignore limits on the throttle driver. >> > * limits and throttle-group are both missing >> this creates an anonymous group with no limits. Should we fail at this case? > >I'm not sure, you could argue either way. But there should be a test to >check that the semantics won't change. > >If we're going with Stefan's suggestion that anonymous groups shouldn't >exist, then the question is moot anyway. > >> > It would also be nice to test that query-block reflects the new throttle >> > group limits correctly when they are changed after the fact. >> >> This belongs to the remove legacy patch, since query-block displays the >> legacy limits. > >Ok, fair enough. > >Kevin