On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 06:11:12PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote: > Mark Brown wrote: > > > But the id table is already empty...? > > Right, that seems like a bug though. > Well, that's what the commit ddc9e69b9dc2 does after all: it cleans up > the legacy usage, and moves all either OF or ACPI matching. Which is broken since not all the world is ACPI or DT. > If we want to take back old i2c ids, better to put the explicit > i2c_match_id() check in rt5677_i2c_probe() instead of sticking with > the old i2c probe callback. That's what I said, yes.