On Thu 2017-08-17 01:21:37, Paulo Costa wrote: > > Hmm. You could do led=on, udelay(100), led=off. Do that 100 times a > > second, and I believe you'll get quite nice low levels. > > I don't want to keep the CPU busy on a delay() just for blinking led, > even if only for a few micros. Well... it will enable you to have nice low brigtness. Few microseconds should not be a problem. > > Now... nice hack. Probably can be improved. But is it suitable for > > mainline? > > Thank you =) > > It's a proof of concept for now, definitely not ready for mainline. > > Instead of a LED trigger + wrapper LED entry, I think this should kick in > if we set 'myled/dither=1' or something like that. > > Now, do you think it would be a nice addition / Should I put more work on it? Actually, I'm not sure. Sounds a bit too hacky to me... Your choice. If your goal is to learn about kernel, you are on the right track :-). Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html