Hi, On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 10:04:59PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote: > On some devices the USB Type-C port power (USB PD 2.0) negotiation is > done by a separate port-controller IC, while the current limit is > controlled through another (charger) IC. > > It has been decided to model this by modelling the external Type-C > power brick (adapter/charger) as a power-supply class device which > supplies the charger-IC, with its voltage-now and current-max representing > the negotiated voltage and max current draw. > > This commit adds support for this to the bq24190_charger driver by calling > power_supply_set_input_current_limit_from_supplier helper if the > "input-current-limit-from-supplier" device-property is set. > > Note this replaces the functionality to get the current-limit from an > extcon device, which will be removed in a follow-up commit. I'm fine with the general approach, but ... > [...] > + bdi->input_current_limit_from_supplier = > + device_property_read_bool(dev, > + "input-current-limit-from-supplier"); > [...] I wonder if we actually need this. I think we can just enable it unconditionally when we have a parent power supply providing the information. -- Sebastian