On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 09:40:07PM +0000, Deucher, Alexander wrote: Please fix your mail client to word wrap within paragraphs at something substantially less than 80 columns. Doing this makes your messages much easier to read and reply to. > I sent one patch in the v2 patch set that had already gone upstream > because I didn't know that it had landed in Linus' tree yet. I had > thought it had just landed in the audio tree. I apologize for that. > On the v3 cover page, I mentioned that v3 was a resend of the patches > that had not been applied to any tree yet; I did not resend any > patches that were already applied. I believe all the previous > comments were addressed. Now that we've clarified that, are there an > outstanding objections to these patches? The patches touch both drm > and audio. My preference would be to take them through the drm tree, > but I'm happy to have them go through the audio tree if you prefer. I haven't really looked at them yet because I was waiting for the DRM side of it to get sorted out (previous experience has been that DRM changes that need review can take a while to figure out). To be a bit clearer about what I said in the mail you're replying to you should just apply the initial DRM bits and send a pull request, this is a standard way of handling cross tree stuff and means that worst case there's fewer dependencies after the merge window.