From: Jeff King <peff@peff.net>
To: Lars Schneider <larsxschneider@gmail.com>
Cc: Git Users <git@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: git-scm pages deliver outdated Git docs
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 14:37:35 -0400	[thread overview]

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 09:28:35AM +0100, Lars Schneider wrote:

> looks like the git-scm pages deliver outdated Git docs (v2.13.1):
> https://git-scm.com/docs/git
>
> Is this intentional? If not, who should be contacted?

The docs are up-to-date (and a cron job keeps them updated when there
are new releases). I think the issue is just one of presentation. That
manpage in particular hasn't been updated since v2.13.1, so that's the
highest field in the version dropdown. If you switch to:

  https://git-scm.com/docs/git-status

for instance, you'll see "v2.14.0 | git-status last updated in 2.14.0".
It's actually sucked in v2.14.1 (you can tell because that's what's
mentioned as the latest version on the front page), but there were no
manpages updated between v2.14.0 and v2.14.1.

So I think all is working as intended, though there may be room for
improvement in the text used at the top.

I'm happy to take patches here, or you can open an issue or PR at

  https://github.com/git/git-scm.com

-Peff