On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 02:30:46PM -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote: > On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 12:18:12PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote: > > Yes. I don't recall if it is a direct --force or if you would have to > > remove the original tag first (with git push :refs/tags/). > Ah, but then if someone had pulled the old tag, they would have to > delete it locally before they can pull in the new one. That's the main > reason I'll not do this... If there's going to be more than one version of a given -rc isn't that going to confuse testing reports? I'm struggling to see the circumstance where a tag would get replaced. > Again, use the make command that we have just for this reason... Not arguing with this though...