On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 04:52:10PM +0200, Cédric Le Goater wrote: > On 09/19/2017 04:45 AM, David Gibson wrote: > > On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 07:12:19PM +0200, Cédric Le Goater wrote: > >> The number of IPIs is deduced from the max number of CPUs the guest > >> supports and the IRQ numbers for the IPIs are allocated from the top > >> of the IRQ number space to reduce conflict with other IRQ numbers > >> allocated by the devices. > >> > >> Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater > > > > This is more ick associated with implementing XIVE in terms of XICS. > > We shouldn't need to "allocate" IRQs for the IPIs - they should just > > be a fixed set. > > They are allocated at the right beginning so we can consider them > fixed I suppose. > > > And we certainly shouldn't need to set the XICS irq type for XIVE irqs. > > This is because, in this patchset, XIVE and XICS use the same IRQ > allocator which happens to be the ICSIRQState array of XICS. yes, > this is ugly but we are identifying the different constraints. Yeah, as I said in the other mail, I think trying to support both immediately is making a mess of the XIVE design. Let's get it working as a machine option first, then worry about CAS and migration. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson