* [perftests and rdma-core]: Location of upstream perftest repo and inclusion in rdma-core
@ 2017-09-26 21:01 Stephen  Bates
       [not found] ` <C4BBDD1E-5DB8-4892-9B5B-0AE3D74D457A-pv7U853sEMVWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Stephen  Bates @ 2017-09-26 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA
  Cc: Jason Gunthorpe, Leon Romanovsky, Parav Pandit, Logan Gunthorpe

Hi All

Firstly, a big thanks to Parav for solving my “two RNICs in the same server” loopback woes [1]. The script you provided worked a treat with rdma_cm things like rping and NVMe over Fabrics working very nicely.

One thing I did notice is that for the perftests (e.g. ib_write_bw) there is no way to bind to an IP address when using the rdma_cm option –R. Does anyone know if this is possible with the existing code? If not I’d like to propose a patch for the perftests but I am not sure where the current upstream repo for perftests is? I also wanted to ask if this is something that could be considered for rdma-core as we have other user-space tools there?

A repo for perftests lives here [2] (which Logan forked a while back [3]) but it seems pretty inactive…

Cheers

Stephen

[1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-rdma&m=150575871330293&w=2
[2] git://git.openfabrics.org/~grockah/perftest.git
[3] https://github.com/lsgunth/perftest

* Re: [perftests and rdma-core]: Location of upstream perftest repo and inclusion in rdma-core
       [not found] ` <C4BBDD1E-5DB8-4892-9B5B-0AE3D74D457A-pv7U853sEMVWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-27  8:01   ` Leon Romanovsky
       [not found]     ` <20170927080131.GD2297-U/DQcQFIOTAAJjI8aNfphQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-09-27  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Bates
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Jason Gunthorpe, Parav Pandit,
	Logan Gunthorpe, zoharb-VPRAkNaXOzVWk0Htik3J/w

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 09:01:35PM +0000, Stephen  Bates wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Firstly, a big thanks to Parav for solving my “two RNICs in the same server” loopback woes [1]. The script you provided worked a treat with rdma_cm things like rping and NVMe over Fabrics working very nicely.
>
> One thing I did notice is that for the perftests (e.g. ib_write_bw) there is no way to bind to an IP address when using the rdma_cm option –R. Does anyone know if this is possible with the existing code? If not I’d like to propose a patch for the perftests but I am not sure where the current upstream repo for perftests is? I also wanted to ask if this is something that could be considered for rdma-core as we have other user-space tools there?
>
> A repo for perftests lives here [2] (which Logan forked a while back [3]) but it seems pretty inactive…

Perftest official repo is on the github:
https://github.com/linux-rdma/perftest

Thanks

> Cheers
>
> Stephen
>
> [1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-rdma&m=150575871330293&w=2
> [2] git://git.openfabrics.org/~grockah/perftest.git
> [3] https://github.com/lsgunth/perftest

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

@ 2017-09-27 21:27       ` Stephen  Bates
From: Stephen  Bates @ 2017-09-27 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leon Romanovsky
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Jason Gunthorpe, Parav Pandit,
	Logan Gunthorpe, zoharb-VPRAkNaXOzVWk0Htik3J/w