* Peter Zijlstra wrote: > On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 07:18:24PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote: > > Yes, I'll do that tomorrow. I was always a bit unhappy about cross-release, > > because it breaks the 'owner task owns the lock' model. > > Still, you can get real deadlocks with completions... > > > Plus I don't think we found that many real bugs with it > > Every bug found is one less bug. It did find a few. Certainly, but the total work saved by finding bugs should be balanced against the additional fragility of lockdep and the ongoing maintenance cost. Thanks, Ingo