On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 01:59:10PM -0400, Tom Rini wrote: > On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 12:09:58PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > One meta issue I'm seeing here is that the u-boot people appear to have > > their own divergent copy of some of the binding documents. > Putting on my U-Boot hat now, it's mostly unintentional and something in > general (yes, the initial topic here is not such an example) we try and > avoid, or use u-boot, as the prefix on as it's something that had been > previously rejected or deemed inappropriate to be in the upstream > version of the binding. Yeah, I didn't get the impression this was at all intentional. Unfortunately it's a shared property with divergent definitions rather than something u-boot specific that got added. > But perhaps it's time to try and force the issue again, given what Rob > and others have said in other parts of the thread. Yeah, if DT is going to be cross project we need to do better here.