On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 12:11:00AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 01:21:21PM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote: > > > Yes, we should add a deprecation one shot printk to the kernel for the > > > sysfs interface to encourage people to use ip > > > > Please don't do that, it won't help for anyone, and especially for the people > > who didn't hear about "ip" in 2017. > > This is the standard kernel way to encourage people to use the new > interfaces... > > > IPoIB netlink doesn't support enhanced IPoIB device because child > > device in netlink code was not allocated with rdma_alloc_netdev call > > as it was done for other flows. > > I don't understand, isn't this just a (bad) bug to be fixed? Yes and we want to fix it BEFORE adding discouraging warnings. Thanks > > Jason