On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 05:07:53PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 09:09:52PM +0200, Leon Romanovsky wrote: > > > However, I don't think that kernel to libibverbs API should follow the > > same path. The centralized entry points to the kernel provides better > > enforcement and minimizes system call bloat. > > How so? I didn't think selinux intersected with the CQs at all.. > I've never worried about the # of verbs entries, we have so many > already. Not SELinux enforcement, but various copy_{to|from}_user checks, unified return values, easy folding in case of errors, e.t.c. It is a matter of personal view and less technical thing. You prefer bazillion entry points to the kernel and I think that such design good for user-space only, and mostly not applicable for kernel<->user interfaces. > > I also don't like the modify semantic, because IMHO, modify should > mirror create, and we don't specify the moderation parameters during > create. It is completely different thing, no one needed it, so no one added it. > > Jason