On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 06:06:52PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote: > It was announced several months ago on the ksummit-discuss list when > we sent out the call for Maintainer's Summit and Kernel Summit topics. ... > be interested was on ksummit-discuss anyway. Also, this was a > continuation of the Kernel Summit "Open Day", where the technical > track was open to all attendees of the colocated conference (e.g., > Plumbers in Santa Fe, Linux Con Korea in Seoul, etc.) in previous > years. I suspect that continuing to call it Kernel Summit and Kernel Summit Open Day(s) might've avoided some of the confusion - I know it took me a while to register that Kernel Summit was now the open part of things and there was a new name for the invite only bit. Perhaps that'll be clearer next year though.