From: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@citrix.com>
To: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@suse.com>
Cc: libvir-list@redhat.com,
	Xen-devel <xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org>,
	Wei Liu <wei.liu2@citrix.com>,
	Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@eu.citrix.com>
Subject: Re: Libvirt config converter can't handle file not ending with new line
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 12:20:05 +0000	[thread overview]

On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 09:41:01PM -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> On 10/30/2017 06:17 AM, Wei Liu wrote:
> > Hi Jim
> >
> > I discover a problem when using xen_xl converter. When the file in
> > question doesn't end with a new line, I get the following error:
> >
> >    error: configuration file syntax error: memory conf:53: expecting a value
>
> I'm not able to reproduce this issue. The libvirt.git tree I tried was a bit
> dated, but even after updating to latest master I can't reproduce.
>
> > After digging a bit (but haven't read libvirt code), it appears that the
> > file didn't end with a new line.
>
> I tried several files without ending new lines, going both directions
> (domxml-to-native and domxml-from-native), but didn't see the mentioned
> error. Perhaps your config is revealing another bug which is being
> improperly reported. Can you provide an example of the problematic config?

I tried to get the exact file that caused the problem but it is already
destroyed by osstest.

A similar file:

http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/115436/test-amd64-amd64-libvirt-pair/debian.guest.osstest.cfg

If you hexdump -C it, you can see the last character is 0a. Remove it and
feed the file into the converter.

Wei.