On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 10:09:10AM +0100, gregkh@linuxfoundation.org wrote: > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled > > ASoC: sunxi: Add bindings for sun8i to SPDIF > The H3 SoC uses the same SPDIF block as found in earlier SoCs, but the > transmit fifo is at a different address. This doesn't seem like a good idea - note how the changelog says that the transmit FIFO is at a different address, I'd expect this means that people won't be able to use the new compatible without a corresponding code change.