* man lsblk
@ 2017-11-21 22:44 kalle
From: kalle @ 2017-11-21 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

hello,
here some critics:
-I had problems with reading the label through `lsblk', when not using
privileges. And the related man-page doesn't mention privilege matters.
For what is mentioned (in the `Notes'), that /sys/dev/block has to be
readable, my systems seems to be ok (read and write rights granted for
`others') -> I assume that it is a question of privileges, which should
be better documented
-proposition: put the options of `lsblk(8)' explicitly in the man-file
instead than only in `lsblk --help'
-`lsblk -m -o LABELs'shows only LABELs, but why? While `lsblk -o LABEL
-m' shows both. I think the options should be commutative...
-after unmounting a device `lsblk' doesn't list it anymore

greetings,
kalle

* Re: man lsblk
@ 2017-11-22 12:00 ` Karel Zak
From: Karel Zak @ 2017-11-22 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kalle; +Cc: util-linux

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 11:44:17PM +0100, kalle wrote:
> hello,
> here some critics:
> -I had problems with reading the label through `lsblk', when not using
> privileges. And the related man-page doesn't mention privilege matters.
> For what is mentioned (in the `Notes'), that /sys/dev/block has to be
> readable, my systems seems to be ok (read and write rights granted for
> `others') -> I assume that it is a question of privileges, which should
> be better documented

Frankly, I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss end-user
issues. It would be better to use distro specific mailing list or bug
tracker. For example I have no clue if you have lsblk with or without
udev support, used versions, etc. etc.

> -proposition: put the options of `lsblk(8)' explicitly in the man-file
> instead than only in `lsblk --help'
> -`lsblk -m -o LABELs'shows only LABELs, but why? While `lsblk -o LABEL
> -m' shows both. I think the options should be commutative...

I cannot reproduce this problem with 2.30.2 and the current upstream
tree.

> -after unmounting a device `lsblk' doesn't list it anymore

Hmm... lsblk list block device, mount/umount affects only MOUNTPOINT
column.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@redhat.com>