On Sun, Dec 03, 2017 at 08:43:47PM +0100, Wolfram Sang wrote: > > It's a bit different in that it's much more likely that a SPI controller > > will actually do DMA than an I2C one since the speeds are higher and > > there's frequent applications that do large transfers so it's more > > likely that people will do the right thing as issues would tend to come > > up if they don't. > Yes, for SPI this is true. I was thinking more of regmap with its > usage of different transport mechanisms. But I guess they should all be > DMA safe because some of them need to be DMA safe? Possibly. Hopefully. I guess we'll find out.