On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 11:23:48PM +0530, Vidya Sagar wrote: > PCIe host controller in Tegra SoCs has 1GB of aperture available > for mapping end points config space, IO and BARs. In that, currently > 256MB is being reserved for mapping end points configuration space > which leaves less memory space available for mapping end points BARs > on some of the platforms. > This patch series attempts to map only 4K space from 1GB aperture to > access end points configuration space. > > Currently, this change can benefit T20 and T186 in saving (i.e. repurposed > to use for BAR mapping) physical space as well as kernel virtual mapping space, > it saves only kernel virtual address space in T30, T124, T132 and T210. > > NOTE: Since T186 PCIe DT entry is not yet present in main line (it is currently > merged to 'for-4.15/arm64/dt' branch), nothing gets broken with this change for T186. > For older platforms (T20, T30, T124, T132, T210), this change works fine without any > DT modifications > > Testing Done on T124, T210 & T186: > Enumeration and basic functionality of immediate devices > Enumeration of devices behind a PCIe switch > Complete 4K configuration space access > > Vidya Sagar (2): > PCI: tegra: refactor config space mapping code > ARM64: tegra: limit PCIe config space mapping to 4K for T186 > > arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra186.dtsi | 8 +- > drivers/pci/host/pci-tegra.c | 125 ++++++++++--------------------- > 2 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 89 deletions(-) Hi Bjorn, there's a bunch of PCI related patches for Tegra floating around on the lists. I'm wondering if you'd be okay if I pick those up into the Tegra tree after they've been reviewed and send you a pull request later on (say around v4.15-rc6). That would allow me to get things cooking in linux-next for a bit and get broader testing in addition to the flexibility to patch things up if they break. Thierry