On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 12:42:10PM +0000, Olivier MOYSAN wrote: > As a generic machine, simple or audio graph cards are not able to manage > codec clock muxing. > If we exclude the management of muxing through codec controls, > the remaining solution is to handle it fully through clock framework. > The current patch only supports a limited range of muxing capabilities > of the codec. > To have a full management of the muxing, I think it is necessary to add > a device tree node for each codec interface and to define an aif clock > in these nodes. > Then parent clock assignment of these aif clocks would allow to handle > the muxing. Controlling clocking through a clock API binding would be good, yes. That'd solve a bunch of other problems with use of multi-purpose clocks for audio as well.