On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 04:01:15PM -0800, Matthias Kaehlcke wrote: > Due to different issues in our audio recording path I couldn't test > this properly, and only looked at the .wav data in audacity, which > appeared to look ok. After putting some of the missing pieces > together and I noticed that mono capture doesn't work as intended, > the recorded audio is slowed down. I think this is because the I2S > controller keeps generating a two-channel stream, however the sound > system interprets it as a monophonic stream because of the channel > configuration. That seems odd - I'd expect underruns somewhere? > Not sure if there is a clean solution for this if we can't tell the > hardware to generate a single-channel stream. Any suggestions or do > we have to revert the patch? It sounds like a very standard problem with I2S devices, it's a fundamentally stereo format after all. If you can't get it to discard the second channel there's probably not much doing.