On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 03:50:52PM +0100, Patryk Obara wrote: > * brian m. carlson implemented vtable for hash algorithm selection and pushed > the repository format front - thanks to him it's now quite easy to > experimentally replace hashing functions and, e.g. do some performance testing. Good, I'm glad this has been helpful. > Patch 1 is not directly related to object_id conversions but helped with > debugging t5540, which kept failing on master for me (spoiler: it was Fedora > fault). It helps with debugging of failing git-push over HTTP in case of > internal server error, so I think it might be worthwhile. > > Patch 2 is a small adjustment to .clang-format, which prevents unnecessary > line breaks after function return type. I have no strong opinions about these two patches, but didn't see anything that looked problematic. Better debugging is always nice. > Patch 6 is a tiny fix in oidclr function. I think this is a good direction to go in. > All other patches are progressive conversions to struct object_id with some > formatting fixes sprinkled in. These should be somewhat uncontroversial, I hope. Overall, I like the direction this series is going. When I've made changes to the sha1_file functions, I've traditionally moved them away from using "sha1_file" to "object_file" to ensure that we make it a bit more obvious that they handle object_id structs and aren't limited to SHA-1. For consistency, it might be nice to make that change. Other than that and the question I had about the formatting, I think the series looks good. -- brian m. carlson / brian with sandals: Houston, Texas, US https://www.crustytoothpaste.net/~bmc | My opinion only OpenPGP: https://keybase.io/bk2204