Hi Romain, > This patchset proposes a new option for risky i2c addresses between 0x78 > and 0x7f that are currently disabled. This behavior is marked as not > recommended, but is sometimes needed if you have a device using an > address in this range. Yes, meanwhile I also have a board using addresses 0x7c and 0x7f. > It was inspired by an email from Wolfram Sang [1] that encouraged to add > this option for using i2c-tools with devices using this address range. This handles only part of the risky addresses. I once worked on a device having an EEPROM using 32(!) addresses in the range from 0x00(!!)-0x1f. And yes, because it was the only device on the bus, that actually worked. So, the lower boundary should also be removed IMO. And I'd much prefer a flag like 'R' which represents 'risky' better. Thanks for doing this! Wolfram