On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 06:32:30PM +0100, Michal Suchánek wrote: > git send-email sets the message date to author date. > > This is wrong because the message will most likely not get delivered > when the author date differs from current time. It might give slightly > better results with commit date instead of author date but can't is > just skip that header and leave it to the mailer? > > It does not even seem to have an option to suppress adding the date > header. I'm pretty sure it's intended to work this way. Without the Date header, we have no way of providing the author date when sending a patch. git am will read this date and use it as the author date when applying patches, so if it's omitted, the author date will be wrong. If you want to send patches with a different date, you can always insert the patch inline in your mailer using the scissors notation, which will allow your mailer to insert its own date while keeping the patch date separate. -- brian m. carlson / brian with sandals: Houston, Texas, US https://www.crustytoothpaste.net/~bmc | My opinion only OpenPGP: https://keybase.io/bk2204