Hi! > > BTW... I'd really like to have a database of machine, kernel version, > > cpuinfo, config... So that questions like "what is the latest kernel > > that is known to be running on this hardware" and "what config should > > I start from". > > > > For example, I have nokia N810 here. It was supported by Linux at some > > point, but then we moved to dts, and stuff changed, and I can no > > longer figure how to boot it. > > > > I guess "what was last kernel that worked on Cyrix MII" is also > > relevant question. > > > > Is there such database? If not, would people be interested in > > contributing if I create one? > > > > I am interested and will help. I have i486/i586/Pentium Pro/Pentium > II/Pentium II Xeon/Pentium 4 systems to test on. Oddly, I don't yet > have Pentium III systems. > > I think an associated goal would be to fix those broken versions. > > I think this is a great project for college students to get experience > with. Who else is interested? Ok, I started something: https://github.com/pavelmachek/missy I try to test -rc1 and final versions on thinkpads X60 and X220. (I'd like to do testing of even -next from time to time.) I do have T40p and test maybe every other version on that one. I test Nokia N900 quite often (including next), and plan to test N9/N950 too. Of course, more "exotic" hardware would be welcome. I did have linux on sun4/330, unfortunately I don't think I have access to that any more. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html