On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 10:27:56PM +0000, Sasha Levin wrote: > From: Jonas Gorski > > [ Upstream commit 0135c03df914f0481c61f097c78d37cece84f330 ] Why are there so many more patches for v4.9 than for more recent kernels? > The bcm63xx SPI controller does not allow manual control of the CS > lines and will toggle it automatically before and after sending data, > so we are limited to messages that fit in the FIFO buffer. Since the CS > lines aren't available as GPIOs either, we will need to make slave > drivers aware of this limitation so they can handle them accordingly. This seems really aggressive for stable...