On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 10:29:00PM +0000, Sasha Levin wrote: > From: Javier Martinez Canillas > > [ Upstream commit 9ba2da5f5d18daaa365ab5426b05e16f1d114786 ] > > The driver doesn't have a struct of_device_id table but supported devices > are registered via Device Trees. This is working on the assumption that a > I2C device registered via OF will always match a legacy I2C device ID and > that the MODALIAS reported will always be of the form i2c:. > > But this could change in the future so the correct approach is to have an > OF device ID table if the devices are registered via OF. As the commit message itself says this is not fixing anything, it's defence against future changes.