On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 04:33:34PM +0100, Jonas Gorski wrote: > I would assume that this is true for most systems with a limited SPI > controller. I would hope that most board designers are sensible enough > to not add devices that won't work ;-) With things like firmware downloads the problem is that they can generally work, they're just horribly inefficient since you have to chunk them up into multiple operations rather than just pointing the hardware at a big buffer and letting it get on with things (same problem as with flash really).