My boot issue happens right after the BIOS when the initrd should be loaded and then no grub (v2.0) menu appears. It seems I could fix it for me disabling Host Notify + Interrupts with options i2c_i801 disable_features=0x30 and then rebuilding initrd. The touchpad is still working. Still testing more days if it will hang again. Is there anything further I can do to help? I can't tell when this hang was introduced. When I received the HP Arch was running 4.9 lts kernel and it already hung there. -Andy Arch linux