On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 08:49:13PM +0800, Peter Xu wrote: > cur_mon was only used in main loop so we don't really need that to be > per-thread variable. Now it's possible that we have more than one > thread to operate on it. Let's start to let it be per-thread variable. Trying to understand the reason for this patch: Are there any users of per-thread cur_mon? or Does this patch fix a bug? > In case we'll create threads within a valid cur_mon setup, we'd better > let the child threads to inherit the cur_mon from parent thread too. Do > that for both posix and win32 threads. Without actual users I don't like this. It sounds like "let's make it global just in case something needs it some day". It's ugly for QEMU's thread API to know about the monitor - that's a layering violation. If there's a legitimate need I think this patch might be necessary, but I don't see enough justification to do this yet. Stefan