On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 05:56:43AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 11:20:18PM +0100, James Hogan wrote: > > On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 07:15:37AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > > > Only mips and unicore32 select CONFIG_NEED_SG_DMA_LENGTH when building > > > swiotlb. swiotlb itself never merges segements and doesn't accesses the > > > dma_length field directly, so drop the dependency. > > > > Is that at odds with Documentation/DMA-API-HOWTO.txt, which seems to > > suggest arch ports should enable it for IOMMUs? > > swiotlb isn't really an iommu.. That being said iommus don't have to > merge segments either if they don't want to, and we have various > implementations that don't. The whole dma api documentation needs > a major overhaul, including merging the various files and dropping a lot > of dead wood. It has been on my todo list for a while, with an inner > hope that someone else would do it before me. Okay, for MIPS: Acked-by: James Hogan Cheers James