On Thu, 3 May 2018 11:35:21 +0200 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote: > I have realized that the w2sg0004 is an exception (although a Sirf chip) > that it does not provide a WAKEUP signal. And another significant > difference is that we have to keep the serdev UART enabled even if there > is no user-space client. Otherwise we are not able to detect unexpected > activity. So we unfortunately can't move serdev open/close into the .open > and .close ops but need to open it in probe. > how much power does it use to keep the uart enabled? Or should it better be reprogrammed as gpio? Regards, Andreas