From: Jason Zaman <jason@perfinion.com>
To: Stephen Smalley <sds@tycho.nsa.gov>
Cc: SELinux <selinux@tycho.nsa.gov>
Subject: Re: Last call for selinux userspace 2.8 release
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 15:55:10 +0800	[thread overview]

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 10:52:24AM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you have encountered any unreported problems with the 2.8-rcX releases or have any
> pending patches you believe should be included in the 2.8 release, please post them soon.

the rc2 release has been fine for me for several days now. And I havent
heard any issues from any gentoo users either so we're probably good to
go. -rc1 failed to boot properly for me because some important things in
/run or /dev didnt get labeled but that was fixed in rc2.

> Also, let us know of any additions or changes that should be made to the release notes;
> the current draft is as follows.
>
> User-visible changes:
>
> * semanage fcontext -l now also lists home directory entries from
> file_contexts.homedirs.
>
> * semodule can now enable or disable multiple modules in the same
> operation by specifying a list of modules after -e or -d, making them
> consistent with the -i/u/r/E options.
>
> * CIL now supports multiple declarations of types, attributes, and
> (non-conflicting) object contexts (e.g. genfscon), enabled via the -m
> or --multiple-decls option to secilc.
>
> * libsemanage no longer deletes the tmp directory if there is an error
> while committing the policy transaction, so that any temporary files
> can be further inspected for debugging purposes (e.g. to examine a
> particular line of the generated CIL module).  The tmp directory will
> be deleted upon the next transaction, so no manual removal is needed.
>
> * Support was added for SCTP portcon statements. The corresponding
> kernel support was introduced in Linux 4.17, and is only active if the
> extended_socket_class policy capability is enabled in the policy.

Perhaps also note that the sctp stuff is in refpolicy and this 2.8
release is required to compile it.

I tried doing a release of the gentoo policy (we merge from HEAD fairly
frequently not only the big releases) and it fails to compile. I will
add the sctp stuff back into gentoo's policy later then make the
policies require >=2.8.

-- Jason