On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 11:15:46AM -0700, Stefan Beller wrote: > There I would try to mirror Junios list of "public repositories" > https://git-blame.blogspot.com/p/git-public-repositories.html > without officially endorsing one over another. I think I would also prefer a list of available repositories over a hard-coded choice. It may be that some places (say, Australia) have better bandwidth to one over the other, and users will be able to have a better experience with certain mirrors. While I'm sympathetic to the idea of referring to kernel.org because it's open-source and non-profit, users outside of North America are likely to have a less stellar experience with its mirrors, since they're all in North America. I would suggest that whatever option we choose, we only specify HTTPS or SSH (i.e., encrypted) protocols. Encryption is cheap, and we have lots of options meeting that criterion. -- brian m. carlson: Houston, Texas, US OpenPGP: https://keybase.io/bk2204